To the Blacksburg, VA WFO NWS Skywarn Spotters:
We would like to invite you to join us at our biannual open house to be held this year on Saturday, November 15, 2014 from 10 am to 3 pm EST at the Blacksburg National Weather Service Forecast Office. Please feel free to bring your colleagues, family, and friends. A brochure providing further details is attached to this email.
Have you ever wanted to get a ‘behind the scenes’ look at the National Weather Service?
Well, here is your chance! On Saturday, November 15th, 2014 from 10 am – 3 pm we will be hosting our biennial open house. Visitors will get a chance to:
- Receive a tour of our facility
- Learn how forecasts and warnings are created
- Get the latest information about our Doppler radar upgrade to SAILS
- View dramatic weather photos and video
- Ask meteorologists questions about weather and climate
- Bring along a NOAA Weather Radio and have it programmed by experts
This event is fun for all ages, so come out and visit your National Weather Service Forecast
Office. We are located on the Corporate Research Center at Virginia Tech, 1750 Forecast Dr. Blacksburg, VA.
For more information contact Phil Hysell at 540-552-1613 Ext. 223 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks so much and we hope to see you there!
National Weather Service
1750 Forecast Drive
Blacksburg, VA 24060
We hope to see you there!